Due to social distancing restrictions for COVID-19 prevention all tours are suspended until further notice.
For many people, the Tower Tour is the absolute highlight of their visit to Salisbury Cathedral.
Climb 332 steps in easy stages and explore the ancient roof spaces. You’ll reach the foot of the iconic spire, 68 metres above ground level, and get a chance to see up inside. After the climb, you’ll be rewarded with an aerial view of the inside of the Cathedral and panoramic views of Salisbury and the surrounding countryside. Our experienced guides will explain all there is to know about the construction of this architectural masterpiece.
'I loved every minute, even all the steps! An excellent perspective of a gorgeous building and city' TripAdvisor review March 2019
- Advance booking is highly recommended
- This tour runs daily all year round
- Tours may be restricted or cancelled in the event of high winds
- We regret that children under the age of 7 or anyone under the height of 1.2m cannot participate in this tour due to health and safety regulations
- Each child aged 7-10 must be individually accompanied by a responsible adult. For 11-17 year-olds, there must be at least one adult for every five children
- Dogs are not permitted on this tour
- Some of the stone spiral staircases date back to the 13th century and have no handrails, so care must be taken
- Sensible footwear is essential – no high heels, bare feet or flip flops. Sandals must be securely fastened
- Tickets cost £13.50 for adults, £8.50 for children and £33 for a family (2 adults + 3 children) (and £120 for a private tour, click here to enquire)
- Tour lasts around 105 minutes, but timings can vary
- Places are limited to 12 people in each tour group
Unfortunately, gift vouchers for our specialist tours are not currently available due to the changing government guidance and legislation surrounding COVID-19. If you have an enquiry about an exisitng voucher, please contact our Groups and Visitors Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01722 512 156.
Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear our news and updates about when our specialist tours and vouchers are up and running again.