Come and Sing at Salisbury Cathedral
We are very pleased to offer choirs the opportunity to perform in Salisbury Cathedral, a unique setting. Performances start 13.05 for 30 minutes with a chance to rehearse in the Cloisters from midday.
Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page before completing the application form. We also require you to read the below safeguarding policy.:
Currently, the available dates for informal concerts are as follows:
Wednesday 7th September 2022
Wednesday 12th October 2022
If you would like to book for one of the above dates, please fill out the form below:
Terms and Conditions
- Informal concerts are held on one Wednesday a month at the Spire Crossing/Trinity Chapel, an open area without staging or seating.
- Informal concerts should consist of entirely a cappella (unaccompanied) sacred music.
- Rehearsals are permitted in the Cloisters from midday, not in the Cathedral.
- Unfortunately, due to lack of space, there is no secure area where personal belongings may be stored. Please ensure the safety of personal possessions at all times.
- Normal arrangements for other visitors and guided tours will continue during the concert.
- Under no circumstances may the performers collect money from the audience.
- Choirs should be in place at the Spire Crossing by 12:45, where they will be welcomed by a member of the Cathedral’s Events Department. Prayers are said on the hour at 13:00 and 14:00 from the Cathedral pulpit. Concerts follow shortly after the 13:00 prayers, during which the chaplain will introduce the visiting choir. Concerts take place between 13:05 and 13:35. Therefore, the maximum performance time is 30 minutes. If the time slot booked is missed due to late arrival then the concert will be cancelled.
- Groups may arrive at any time that day when, by prior arrangement, the Visitor Services Department (Contact Kate Saykouk or Hannah Paye: firstname.lastname@example.org) will be pleased to organise guided tours of the Cathedral, Chapter House and Magna Carta.
- Coach parking/access. Please note there is no coach access to or parking available within The Close. There is an official coach drop off/pick up point in St John’s Street and coach parking available at Mill Stream Approach.
- Due to very restricted space at the Cathedral, changing facilities cannot be provided. Choirs who wish to robe/change should do so prior to arrival at the Cathedral or in our Cloisters.
- Advance permission must be sought to make an audio or video recording and any recording must be made in accordance with the Cathedral’s recording policy. Maybe an additional charge.
- All performers will be asked to detail their intended programme before approval of the request can be given. Final approval of all performances is at the discretion of the Cathedral’s Event Department.
- In any publicity material produced for your concert, normal entry payment required.
- The cost of £12.00 per performer (subject to a minimum £60) includes:
- 30 minute performance time at the Spire Crossing
- Publicity on the Cathedral’s website
- Option to undertake a Cathedral tour and visit to the Chapter House and Magna Carta.
- Coverage in the Cathedral’s own publicity, where possible
- Performing Rights Society fee
- A signed certificate
- Display of your own flyers and posters
- Welcome and introduction of your group to the audience by a member of the Cathedral Chaplains