From Darkness to Light: The Advent Procession 2021
We look forward to welcoming you to the Cathedral’s “Darkness to Light” services on Friday 26 November at 19.00 (doors open at 18:00), Saturday 27 November (doors open at 18:00) and Sunday 28 November at 17:00 (doors open at 16:00).
Due to Covid-19 precautions, our seating capacity for this service is very limited compared to previous years. Therefore, this year in contrast to previous years, it is essential that you book your seat in advance. You can do this by clicking the green button below. A telephone helpline will also be available for those unable to book online (see booking details below).
The seats will not be zoned. Please note that, as in previous years, saving seats once in the Cathedral will not be permitted, so members of a group wishing to sit together will need to queue together with their pre-ordered tickets. It is essential that you are seated by 18:40 (Sunday 16:40).
If you would like to book a seat for a wheelchair user, plus one carer/companion in the South transept, please choose this option when you book, either online or by telephone. Parking is available on the day for Disabled Badge Holders only, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tickets for all three services will be available to order online and by telephone from 9am on Monday 15 November.
- Booking is essential and can be done online. Seats are limited.
- A helpline is available for those unable to book online: 01722 512156
- Please wear a face mask inside the Cathedral building, especially when moving around the space (our staff and volunteers will be wearing them).
- Please take a lateral flow test before attending, and do not attend if you have Covid symptoms.
- Please note that guidance is constantly changing, and we will notify you of any changes.
- The service features the Cathedral Choir.
- None of the services will be live streamed.
Worshippers are respectfully asked not to book more than a maximum of 2 seats for adults (plus up to 2 seats for children) per household.
Please do not arrive without a ticket as you will not be able to gain entry.
You must print off and bring a paper copy of your ticket, or show your ticket on your phone, to gain entry on the day.
*PLEASE CHECK ABOVE FOR AVAILBILITY*