Working within current government restrictions, advance booking for services is essential.
- For further information and to book a place please click here
- For opening times and information about what to expect when visiting click here
- Our digital online services continue here and our Daily Reflections live streams at 17:00 Monday - Friday here
For almost 800 years, Salisbury Cathedral has been and remains a dynamic centre of Christian worship, prayer, community and mission.
The Department of Liturgy and Music is responsible for the planning, administration, and coordination of each service and liturgical event which takes place in the Cathedral on each day of the year. As well as over 1,000 regular daily, weekly and monthly services, there are about 250 special Cathedral services each year. These include those organised on behalf of the many different organisations who use the Cathedral for local, regional and national occasions, and all these events and services run in conjunction with the Diocese of Salisbury. The annual Advent, Christmas and Epiphany Processions attract a combined congregation of 8,500 people.
In addition, the department is also responsible for coordinating the many visiting choirs who come to sing at the Cathedral during choir holidays, and for the annual series of organ recitals. Each year the Cathedral holds the extremely popular event ‘Be a chorister for a day’ - find out more on our Recruitment Page. The choir also takes part in the Southern Cathedrals Festival, held annually, and hosted in turn by Chichester, Winchester and Salisbury Cathedrals.
The department comprises:
- The Precentor, Anna Macham, who is head of the department and a member of the Cathedral’s Chapter
- The musicians, including the Director of Music, Assistant Director of Music, the Organ Scholar and the singers in the Cathedral Choirs
- The Vestry, with a team of five vergers
- The Liturgy and Music Manager, Andrea McDermott
- The Department Administrator, Jane Bell
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01722 555125