Largest cathedral close
Salisbury Cathedral is set in the largest Cathedral Close in Britain, covering over 80 acres. These other attractions within its historic walls are well worth a visit too:
- Arundells: Home of the former Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath. It houses collections of his sailing and musical memorabilia, Oriental and European ceramics, paintings, original political cartoons, bronzes and photographs. Read more.
- Mompesson House: This National Trust property features notable plaster work, an elegant carved oak staircase, fine period furniture, a collection of 18th century drinking glasses, a charming walled garden and a tea room. Read more.
- The Rifles (Berkshire & Wiltshire) Museum: Discover the story of the county infantry regiments of Berkshire and Wiltshire. The riverside garden allows views across the water meadows, and there is a Bernières licensed tearoom. Read more.
- Salisbury Museum: This award-winning museum houses archaeological collections of national importance. Home to the Stonehenge Gallery and displays of pre-history, Romans, Saxons, the medieval history of Old Sarum and Salisbury, and the Pitt Rivers collection. Gift shop and coffee shop. Read more.
- Sarum College: A Christian study and conference centre that offers day, evening and weekend courses, as well as postgraduate study. They also run a programme of concerts, exhibitions, lectures and conferences throughout the year. Read more.
Click on the map below to enlarge it.