Library tour and tea
Due to social distancing restrictions for COVID-19 prevention all tours are suspended until further notice.
A winding stone staircase above the cloisters leads to our 15th century library. It contains over 10,000 books dating back as far as the 9th century. An expert guide will show you a range of specially selected books to demonstrate the importance and variety of the collection. And there is no better way to round off your tour than with freshly baked scones and a pot of tea in the Refectory restaurant.
- This tour costs £22, including cream tea
- Tour starts at 2pm and last approximately 45 minutes
- The cream tea is served in the Refectory restaurant at 3pm
- Due to access, this tour may not be suitable for everyone (the library is accessed via a small winding stone staircase with 37 steps, some of which are uneven)
- Advance booking is recommended.