Become a Friend
Do you love Salisbury Cathedral? Have you visited or worshipped here? Have you been moved by the magnificent gothic architecture or embraced in the warm welcome given as you enter this place built to the glory of God?
If you feel you want to do more to help, then please consider joining the Friends of Salisbury Cathedral, a charitable partner of Salisbury Cathedral which provides a means for direct giving by individuals or Parish Church Committees. Engage with other like-minded people who give their financial support to care for this beautiful and iconic building. The Friends support the fabric, fittings, ornaments, furniture, music and monuments, all fundamentally enhancing the Cathedral's life, worship and ministry.
We love the building and community. Any contribution you make direct to the Friends by annual subscription, donation, Life membership or a gift in your will, funds vital projects that are important to Salisbury Cathedral. We often grant money to pay for something specific which would otherwise take Cathedral money away from something more important.
Members of the Friends of Salisbury Cathedral:
- help conserve the Cathedral through their donations - the building, its Spire and Magna Carta
- may visit the Cathedral as many times as they wish
- receive newsletters from us at Easter and Christmas full of Friends' news plus information on forthcoming major services and event
- receive our Annual Report Spire:
- are invited to join together annually at our Friends' Day Event packed with activities, tours and the AGM
- can enjoy at least 2 excursions a year and an annual holiday
- may also support us by buying our Christmas Cards and Notecards
- new members have their own guided tour of the Cathedral
The Friends' also administer the Chair Project - why not sponsor a chair in the Cathedral in memory of a loved one? See here for more information
Or download an application form here