Become a Friend
Do you love Salisbury Cathedral? Have you visited or worshipped here? Have you been moved by the magnificent gothic architecture or embraced in the warm welcome given as you enter this place built to the glory of God?
If you feel you want to do more to help, then please consider joining the Friends of Salisbury Cathedral, a charitable partner of Salisbury Cathedral which provides a means for direct giving by individuals or Parish Church Committees. Engage with other like-minded people who give their financial support to care for this beautiful and iconic building. The Friends support the fabric, fittings, ornaments, furniture, music and monuments, all fundamentally enhancing the Cathedral's life, worship and ministry.
We love the building and community. Any contribution you make direct to the Friends by annual subscription, donation or a gift in your will, funds vital projects that are important to Salisbury Cathedral. Since forming in 1930 we have made grants for projects both great and small, worth millions of pounds at today’s values.
Members of the Friends of Salisbury Cathedral:
- enjoy free entry to the Cathedral
- help conserve the Cathedral through their donations - the building, its Spire and Magna Carta
- receive newsletters from us at Easter and Christmas full of Friends' news plus information on forthcoming major services and event
- receive our Annual Report Spire:
- receive invitations to a calendar of social events – talks, concerts, coffee mornings and excursions – as well as our annual Friends Day and AGM in the Cathedral.
- may also support us by buying our Christmas Cards and Notecards
- new members will be invited to a special tour of some of the hidden areas of the Cathedral.
The Friends' also administer the Chair Project - why not sponsor a chair in the Cathedral in memory of a loved one? See here for more information
Or download an application form here.