Salisbury Cathedral will be hosting a Living History Weekend with SSAFA Wiltshire in June.
There will be a Living History on the lawns featuring
- WW1 Trench (Saturday & Sunday only)
- WW1 Communications by Royal Signals
- Replica Bristol Scout WW1 Aeroplane (Saturday & Sunday only)
Inside the Cathedral
- Les Colombes Exhibition, by German artist Michael Pendry
- Gallipoli Banner created by Ghislaine Peart, in commemoration of those artists who fought (and died) at Gallipoli.
- WW1 Memorial Tours
- The Royal Army Chaplains
- Book of Remembrance: people who lost their lives in the Diocese during WW1
- Display in the West Cloisters from SSAFA to include paintings and Wire Soldiers
- On Saturday Salisbury District Hospital will be have displays and information in the South Cloister
There will also be a special Evensong in celebration of the work of Salisbury District Hospitalon on Saturday 9th June and on Sunday there will be an All Forces Evensong, all welcome.
More information to follow shortly