Salisbury Cathedral will be hosting a Living History Weekend with SSAFA Wiltshire in June.
There will be a Living History on the lawns featuring
- WW1 Trench
- WW1 Communications by Royal Signals: The display includes five interactive activities: flags (semaphore); Morse Code Training (8 per time); field telephones; wireless (Clansman Radio); and code-breaking. They will be showing a number of original artefacts.
Replica Bristol Scout WW1 Aeroplane
Inside the Cathedral
- Les Colombes Exhibition, by German artist Michael Pendry
- Gallipoli Banner created by Ghislaine Peart, in commemoration of those artists who fought (and died) at Gallipoli.
- WW1 Memorial Tours
- The Museum of Army Chaplaincy, Amport House
- Book of Remembrance: people who lost their lives in the Diocese during WW1
- Display in the West Cloisters from SSAFA to include paintings and Wire Soldiers
- Sunday there will be an All Forces Evensong, all welcome.
More information to follow shortly