Art at the Cathedral
- Developing larger and more diverse congregations who rejoice in exploring and deepening their relationship with God
- Enhancing the spiritual impact, opportunities and reach of art exhibitions via events, improved interpretation and integration with worship
- Developing a sustainable arts programme in the Cathedral which is coherent with its pastoral and spiritual life and which promotes social justice
- Increasing visits from young people and families through the delivery of a range of tailored events
- Developing a set of special focus outreach opportunities to work with targeted groups with specific partners.
The Arts Advisory Committee creates a programme of art exhibitions working three years ahead which aims to host a minimum of one significant visual art exhibition or installation each year. With the help and hard work of this Committee, our Visual Arts Advisor Jaquiline Creswell as well as the Works and the Marketing Departments, the Cathedral has hosted a number of high profile art shows in past years.
How the Cathedral Management have engaged with art to present ever changing, ever captivating art with constant sculptural displays is superb, wondrous ancient creativity married with modern cutting edge design is only one of the plethora of joys that make this hallowed place a must see on your trip. TripAdvisor