Each year we welcome many thousands of students from both the UK and overseas who are inspired and awed by the glory and peace of the building and surrounding Cathedral Close.
We encourage groups to pre-book a dedicated special tour and workshop allowing students to gain a fascinating insight into the building's 750 year history and to take advantage of the opportunity to explore a wide range of interests and subject areas.
- TOUR with cathedral floor guide for just £2.50 per student – a high value experience at one of the UK’s iconic heritage cathedrals which is also home to the finest of the four surviving 1215 Magna Carta
- A 1 hour tour + 1 hour ‘hands on’ workshop for just £5.00 per student (Monday – Friday only) - with a highly experienced guide from the Cathedral’s Education Centre used to working with school/further education age students for whom English is a second language. Guided tours may be tailored to specific subjects – eg Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights, history, heritage. They may also be tailored to focus on a particular aspect of language/language use, eg specialist vocabulary or parts of speech. Choice of hands-on art workshops to enable students to enjoy a unique opportunity to work inside this magnificent building and have something to take away: illuminated letters / heraldic impressions / Medieval bookbinding
- Self-guided tours with specially devised student materials for just £2.50 per student not only to learn about the Cathedral and Magna Carta but also to focus on improving their English skills.
- Tour group leaders must remain with their students at all times
- Each tour group adult is responsible for discipline.
- The Education Centre aims to divide visiting students into small groups of 15 per tour group plus one tour group adult to ensure quality of experience
To discuss your students’ requirements please contact: Salisbury Cathedral Travel Groups and Visitors Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01722 555 120.